Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia

11:00 AM


I think part of being an adult is learning how to put down the Pop-tarts and make something substantial for breakfast in the morning (okay but maybe just a little of the sugary stuff). Somehow, quite literally out of nowhere, I developed an appreciation for chia seeds. I used to hate the jelly yet seedy texture of them in those juices you find at Whole Foods, but then I discovered chia seed pudding and now I can't get enough.

It's so easy to make, takes like 5 minutes of your time, and makes for a perfect quickie (get your mind out of the gutter, I meant a quick breakfast). Or if you're like me and are a little too obsessed, you sneak spoonfuls throughout the day and suddenly you don't have any left for the morning. So here's how I make this little beauty:

2 cups of almond milk of coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener (less or more depending on how sweet you like it)

Whisk the other ingredients first and then whisk in the chia seeds. Leave it in the fridge covered for overnight. Or if you're impatient like I am, you can leave it to chill and set for at least an hour before digging in.

And there you have it! I like to add yogurt, bananas, and honey to mine for a little extra taste and texture. There's so many variations you can do with this simple recipe, and gosh darn it I'm going to try them all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments