Starting Out

5:01 PM




Starting anything is always the hardest. A new job, school, workout routine, diet, this blog. It's like, you're so confident leading up to the next new thing and then once it arrives, you ask yourself "what am I doing?". Lately, I find myself asking that question a lot. My whole life I've had a sense of "I'll figure it out later, I have time". When you're a kid, you don't have to think about your future. All you have to worry about is getting good grades and waking up early enough to watch your favorite cartoons and sneak two bowls of sugary cereal cause mom only let you have one. Now, I'm always stressing about my future...but at least I don't need permission to eat as much cereal as I want. The career path I've chosen is not only one of the hardest, but also one of the careers everyone silently rolls their eyes at (along with Art history majors). I want to be a writer. Not just any writer, a copywriter in the big Agency world. But let's not stop there folks, this gal also wants to venture into (drumroll) screenwriting. I've been told too many times to pick something more "practical" and "safe". Something with a 9-5 desk job in a freezing office and bitter coworkers with coffee breath. That may be someone's cup of tea, but it's certainly not mine (but also I just don't like tea). But the way I see it, if you're not chasing your dreams and following your passions, then you're not pursuing the best version of you that you can be. I want to be happy, I want to thrive, and I want to be a voice that speaks to millions. So readers, that brings us to the goal of this blog. I want to document the last time in my life I'm allowed to be a mess. The last time I'm allowed to still be fumbling around, figuring out who I am, and who I want to be. I will be writing about my experience as an almost graduate (and eventually post graduate) woman trying to get my foot in the door while making new experiences. Here's to the marvelously disastrous 20's! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments